All in one storage including a battery with BMS, inverter, MPPT controller and all electrical protection.
All you have to do is simply connect it with a connection and use it as an off-grid/hybrid system or a backup source, which will save a lot of time for electricians during installation.
Watch a short video which will convince you it’s really that easy.
We deliver across Europe
We will deliver the ordered goods within a few days, wherever you are.
1. AC-Coupled System
- Nano solar AC-coupled ESS is an energy storage system that connects with a grid-tied PV inverter as an AC input power source besides utility grid. This grid-tie PV inverter still operates as its expected function when it´s installed, but it´s also reconfigured with an extra function to charge ESS.
- An extra bi-directional smart meter is equipped to detect electricity flow exporting into or importing from grid, and ESS communicates with the meter and understand PV generation and house consumption by knowing electricity flow directions.
- When exporting detected, logically it´s known as the exceeded electricity after PV inverter powering the house, then ESS starts charging with the same power value as PV inverter feeding into grid. The exceeded electricity will still feed into grid after ESS battery being fully charged.
- When importing detected, ESS starts outputting with the same power value as house consumption from grid. But highest balance power offered by ESS is limited by built-in inverter; so if the house consumption is 5kW, 3kW will be supplied by ESS and 2KW will be drawn from grid.
|Meter 1||Normal electricity meter||Originally installed by local utility company|
|Meter 2||Bi-directional meter||Offered by nano solar and communicates with ESS|
|Load 1||Less important, high consumption or rarely used loads||Connected to and powered by the grid|
|Load 2||Important load which may require to run 24/7||Connected to the output terminals of ESS|
|L a L’||Live wire|
|N a N’||Null wire|
|ESS||nano solar ESS|
Single Phase Installation
What´s the advantage of AC-coupled System?
- AC-coupled system is suitable for a house with old solar system with a grid-tied PV inverter and the house owner wants to add energy storage for backup.
- The solar MPPT charger input voltage range of nano solar ESS is from 70V to 150V. WIth existing PV inverter, the PV array needn´t be rewired to match ESS solar input voltage range.
- LOAD 2 is powered by ESS before LOAD 1 and with uninterrupted power supply from ESS. ESS can power LOAD 2 and LOAD 1 at the same time within its maximum output power.
- None of the household appliances requires rewired if nothing connected to OUTPUT terminals (LOAD 2) of ESS.
- In 3-phase installation, METER 2 monitors the export and import power from grid for each phase and calculates the final power consumption from grid, then ESS outputs accordingly within the limit of inverter output power.
DC-coupled system is suitable for a new ESS installation. The difference between DC-coupled system and AC-coupled system is that it´s charged by DC power source directly from solar panels, not AC power source though a PV inverter.
And the energy source (PV & Grid) application and power distribution strategy for ESS is same as AC-coupled system.
2. Normal New ESS Installation
Compare to AC-coupled system and DC-coupled system, the difference of new ESS installation without nano solar offered bi-directional smart meter is that ESS only powers LOAD 2. And new ESS installation has the same limits of PV charging power and voltage as DC-coupled system. Plus, nano solar ESS can also work off grid without AC power source.
One Phase Installation